Second week of the 12wbt challenge is done; the numbers on my scale have stayed the same which is quite disheartening, but there have been a few bright glimmers of hope so far:
1. I took 17 seconds of my time for the 1km run
2. Except for sleeping through my alarm this morning, I have followed the exercise plan
3. I got up at 5.30 in the morning to go to the gym three times during the week because I knew I had parent/teacher interviews and wouldn’t want to go after them
4. The fitness I’ve lost over the last four months is quickly coming back; I’m not as puffed on the netball court and while my muscles strength (particularly in my arms) still isn’t what it was, I can feel it returning.
5. Even though the numbers have stayed the same, my clothes are already fitting differently, and I feel much better about my body as it is.
6. Now that my oh so lovely and bloaty time of the month is finally over…hopefully the numbers will change.
Things I still need to work on include:
1. Giving in to my emotional eating issues (eating Hungry Jacks for tea…c’mon…will it really make me feel better?)
2. Recognising when I’m feeling bored and or emotional before I end up with snacks in front of me and finding another outlet instead of food.
3. Not becoming too despondent when the numbers on the scales don’t change at all or as much as I want them to and instead focusing on the above positive list.
Now I just need to continue making sure my positive list gets longer and the “things to work on” gets shorter, or includes different things.